We carry locally roasted coffee from Cabin Creek Roasters of New Market. We usually stock two different varieties each of light, medium and dark roasts in 1/2 lb bags. These are whole bean (which stay fresher), but we are happy to grind them for you if needed. Currently we have the following varieties in stock:
- Colombia Decaf- This is a Swiss-Water processed decaf with a mellow nutty (think English Walnuts) flavor. It is a light roast.
- Ethiopia Yirgacheffe- This fruity and full bodied light roast is one of Africa’s finest. With high acidity, hints of milk chocolate, dried fruits and cinnamon it will please light and dark roast coffee lovers alike.
- The Full Monty Blend- This dark-roasted blend of Colombian and Tanzanian beans is as bold and full-bodied as the name implies.
- Guatemala Huehuetenango Blend- This blend of Bourbon, Caturra and Catuai beans produces a medium bodied cup with a bright acidity and a complex, spicy, floral nose and fruity flavor.
Power Grinds- Are coffee beans that have been deeply infused with flavors like Amaretto, French Vanilla and Pumpkin Spice. To use sprinkle a 1/4 tsp or so (for a 12 cup pot of coffee) over your coffee grinds before brewing and they will flavor your coffee as it brews. We currently carry Amaretto, French Vanilla, Hazelnut Creme, Holiday Grogg, Peppermint Stick, Pumpkin Spice and Raspberry Creme Flavors.
We have several dried herbals that are great combined with regular teas or by themselves such as:
- German Chamomile- Whole, Organic
- Lemongrass- Cut & Sifted, Organic
- Linden Flowers- Whole
- Jasmine Flowers- Whole
- Lavender Buds- Whole, Locally Sourced
- Senna- Organic
- Spearmint Leaves- Cut and Sifted, Organic
You can also find a variety of tea and herbal tisanes from The Loose Leaf Tea Company of Boston, VA. These teas come in attractive 1 oz boxes with filter bags for convenience- they make great gifts for others or a treat for yourself. Most are Organic and all are Fair Trade.