We scored some really great close out deals this month so the racks have been replenished with new offerings like:
- Boet Le Roux Old Vine Columbard- This white wine from South Africa’s Swartland Region is light, crisp and citrusy with hints of pear and melon.
- Fantini Montepulciano D’Abruzzo- A medium-bodied red from Italy with floral notes, a hint of spice and a pleasant acidity.
- Figaro Tinto- a rich and jammy Spanish red with hints of black plum and tobacco.
- Georges Duboeuf Cabernet Sauvignon- This full-bodied red hails from France- it is fruit forward with a spicy finish and velvety smooth tannins.
- Siegel Special Reserve Chardonnay- A Chilean Chardonnay is crisp, light-bodied, full of tropical fruits and hints of citrus.
- Uvaggio Vermentino- This Californian white wine has a very floral nose, bright, citrusy flavor and a refreshing acidity with some mineral notes.
And the Art Sale continues this month.
Pictured above: “Woodland Scene II- The Forest Floor in Late May”- Original painting by MJ Seal. Acrylic on board in hand made frame, 10 1/4″ x 8 3/8′.
This very textured and impressionistic view of one of our local forests is housed in a beautiful hand crafted frame. The frame is veneered with Wenge wood- a tropical hardwood from Africa that has an interesting cocoa and ebony striated grain pattern. With frame it is now just $40.00 (!).
This soft, abstract landscape was produced through a painting process called “decalcomania” in which thinned out glazes of paint were spread across the board then wax paper was pressed into the still wet paint and peeled off. The resulting patterns left in the warm gray and white paints create the illusion of a wintery landscape with perhaps a field in the foreground and a forested mountain or hill in the background. Originally $150 this piece is now just $75.00.
Pictured above: “Winter Landscape Study- Snowbound Forest”- Original painting by MJ Seal. Acrylic on board in hand made frame, 10″ x 14 3/4″.
This elegant and graphic view of a snowy forest is only $67.00. The golden oak frame provides a pleasantly warm contrast to the 10 cool shades of gray making up the painting (yes there are no true whites or blacks in this piece- only a handful of gray tints).
Pictured below:“Proudly We Hail”- By Elizabeth Strippy.
Pictured above: A close up view of a framed puzzle map of Woodstock, VA. Just $30.00 this charming little piece of home decor measures 19 1/2″ x 13″.
Also…. We will be closed for the month of April for our trip to France- so drop in and stock up now!