We’ve been very busy putting together our new selection of organic dry goods and exotic spices, herbs and teas!
Our Pantry area boasts a variety of hard-to-find flours and grains as well as gluten-free baking mixes, organic dried beans, rolled oats and whole wheat flour. Our shelves are packed with items such as:
- Organic corn meal, garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour, flax seed, millet flour, sorghum flour, brown rice flour, whole wheat flour, rolled oats, bulgur wheat, red quinoa and amaranth
- Unsweetened and unsulfered organic shredded coconut and non-alkalized organic cocoa powder
- Organic dried black beans, Fava (broad) beans, dark red kidney beans, mung beans, navy beans and pinto beans
- Non-GMO chickpeas and yellow split peas (chana dal)
- Sun-dried tomatoes, dried porcini and dried portabella mushrooms
- Arrowroot starch and gluten-free baking mixes
- Pot pie squares and Israeli-style (pearl) couscous
The fridge is packed with dried fruit and nuts including preservative-free dates, sun-dried Turkish apricots and California walnuts. We store them in the fridge to keep them very fresh.
And we now have a spice and herb library!
We’ve amassed quite a collection of exotic spices and herbs you can’t find nearby, with everything from aniseed to turmeric, whole green cardamom, black cardamom, ceylon cinnamon, fenugreek seed, kasoori methi, Nigella, tej patta and dadag phool (black stoneflower). And our selection will be expanding in the near future.
Most of these are organic and very high quality, very fresh and very fragrant.
We also have a variety of dried herbs and flowers like German chamomile, lemongrass, hibiscus and pink rosebuds which are excellent in tea and powerful enough to be used in potpourri. The rosebuds are great in spice blends like garam masala and ras el hanout to.
And in the freezer we have whole turmeric root, galanga (galangal) root, whole Thai chilies, lemongrass stalks and makrut (kaffir) lime leaves.
We’ve also expanded our selection of gourmet oils and vinegars to include organic canola and sesame oil and Chinese black vinegar. We also have a few international items like coconut milk from Thailand, tahini (sesame) paste, tamarind paste and Chinese cooking wine.
Visit us soon and check out all of our new inventory! We’ll be holding an Open House on August 18–details to follow.